Pinoy Seoul is a site that provides useful facts and information about life in Korea. Their target audience is the Filipino community. Therefore, the site is both in English and Tagalog covers a large range of topics and information crucial to Filipinos living, studying, and working in Korea.
The site has news on Korea written by the Filipino community in regards to scholarship program information, travel advice, and other related articles. They have gotten over 1,000,000 visitors in its first year.
I am a former scholarship recipient for a master’s degree program in film at Korea National University of Arts. Furthermore, I started Pinoy Seoul while working as an International Correspondent of Seoul City Government through the Seoul Global Center in 2017.
My goal for Pinoy Seoul is to be the main communication bridge between Filipinos to Korea. Korea is not just about K-pop and tearjerker dramas. Therefore, I want to show what Korea has to offer to hardworking Filipino workers and future leaders. In addition, the website’s content caters to Filipinos living in Korea. Therefore, I plan to expand it to help Filipinos who have interest in Korea across the world.
Pinoy Seoul on Facebook
The Pinoy Seoul Facebook page has over 75,000 likes and almost 10,000 twitter followers. Pinoy Seoul also has the biggest Filipino-Korean online Facebook communities with over 200,000 members combined.
If you are a Filipino that has a passion to write stories about Korea and wants to be a part of the Pinoy Seoul media site please contact me. The job description is below.
- This is an online based work. Do the writeups at your own pace and once a week meeting with the management staff.
- Write stories about Korea and Philippines with the aim to boost search engine rankings.
- To manage social media accounts of Pinoy Seoul.
- Publish articles about Filipinos in America and manage Pinoy California’s social media accounts.
- A Filipino blogger who already have experience in writing online articles optimized for SEO.
- A K-pop fan. Preferably active on Kpop scene on the Philippines.
- Ability to use Photoshop or any photo editing apps.
To be discussed.
July 2018 ~ December 2018.
The duration can be reduced/extended depending on the performance. The challenge is to do something to the disappointing numbers of visitors from google search as shown on the image below.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and message Nash Ang on Facebook