Dive with the Ease of Snorkeling
Scuba diving can be very fun. However, if you go scuba diving it is usually through a service where you don’t have to worry about transporting heavy tanks and bulky scuba gear. If you were to go scuba diving on your own you will spend more time preparing and transporting than actually scuba diving. AirBuddy is a revolutionary device which brings an unparalleled freedom to divers. It is the smallest and lightest diving gear in the world. Therefore, Airbuddy simply makes diving easier.
How it Works?
AirBuddy is a battery powered portable dive compressor that floats on the surface above and follows you along as you dive. You can dive for up to 45 minutes to a maximum depth of 12 meters (40ft) without requiring any air tanks. Therefore, all you have to do is charge the batteries at home. It is as simple as charging your phone. Just recharge, go to the beach, and dive anytime and anywhere.
AirBuddy allows you to connect 2 divers to one AirBuddy or link 2 AirBuddies together. The air hoses are designed so that if they hoses get tangled it will not stop the air flow.
The size of AirBuddy allows divers to take it with them in their luggage. In addition, it is small and lightweight (entire system weighs only 9.5kg), easy to set up, and easy to use. Therefore, it is great for reef diving, underwater maintenance, underwater photography, dive training, and lobstering.
Combination of Snorkeling and Diving
AirBuddy was created by a team of engineers who are passionate about diving. Therefore, they were able to test AirBuddy with many of the diving/snorkeling community during the beta tests and got great feedback. It has raised over $370,000 on Indiegogo. This is great for beginner divers because you won’t have to carry unnecessarily heavy equipment on yourself. It will truly be an inhibited diving experience. Best of all you can set-up/pack-up in less than 2 minutes.
- (1) Large 15L air reservoir provides emergency air for safe return to the surface.
- (2) Low battery level monitor and alarm starts sending out audible signals when the battery voltage drops below 11V (about 45 min of operation). This is the signal for you to ascend.
- (3) Visible float and diving flag to mark your position to boats, fishermen, etc.
- (4) Detachable magnetic wristband with a switch to ensure that only you (the diver) can switch AirBuddy off.
- (5) Abrasion and kink resistant air hose made from strong polyurethane that limits the depth of your descend.
- (6) Elaborate airways with 3x snorkel assembly to prevent splash water reaching the compressor.
- (7) Capsize protection to about 110° tilt with the weight mass in the lower section acting as a keel and an electronic system to prevent water ingress.