Big Think 2018
Do you have a disruptive big idea? Here is some big news for foreign startups in Korea? If you have a plan of starting up in Korea, here is an opportunity to apply for the ‘Big Think 2018’ idea audition hosted by the Seoul Global Center Business division.
The Big Think Demo day will be held at the Google Campus on Friday June 29 from 2-5 PM. So, you still have a chance to submit an Application until June 15, 2018. This idea competition is particularly created to help foreigners acquire D-8-4 startup visa, a new point-based visa system created by the Korean Government. Furthermore, this allows foreign entrepreneurs to establish a tech-based corporation in Korea without any limits to investment capital.
Demo Day for Foreign Startup in Korea
The Demo Day for foreign startups in Korea is open to any foreigner with technology-based business ideas. Therefore it can be Blockchain, IoT, Smart Apps, software or hardware. In addition, it could be service based, product-oriented or combined service-product business idea. There are no limitations. Applicants must have an Associate degree(from Korea)/ Bachelor’s degree(from overseas) or higher to be eligible.
Shortlisted applicants after the deadline, would be evaluated based on their business plans and other relevant documents submitted. The 10 final teams will then make it to the Big Day presentation at Google Campus on June 29.
First 3 teams to emerge from the final pitching will be enjoying these amazing prizes:
1st Place: 1 Team – 1,000,000 KRW
2nd Place: 2 Teams – 300,000 KRW each
3rd Place: 2 Teams – 200,000 KRW each
In addition, they will be enjoying these bonus benefits:
- Intellectual Property Application Support and Prototype Production Support by KIPA
- Start-up Coaching & Mentoring plus 25 points by KPC & SGC
- Start-up VISA(D-8-4) 25 points (Prerequisite point) by Immigration Office
- Offering incubation office free pass (for one year) by Seoul Global Center
* only for the first prize winner.
- Support for Corporation Establishment and issuing of Start-up VISA by KPC
- Access to professional Business mentoring consulting(Tax, Incorporation, Intellectual property)
The event is co-hosted by Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA), Korean Productivity Center (KPC) and Kookmin University.
Don’t miss out on this great offer. Therefore, apply now at the Seoul Global Center’s website.